We or data processors acting under our control may collect information which may identify you or your web services account ("Personal Information") when you make your information known, such as by registering or logging into AOL or the Huffington Post UK, authenticating, making purchases, or interacting with AOL.
If you do not make yourself known to AOL, your use of our content and services is generally anonymous.
How we use your Information
Your Personal Information is used to operate and improve our services, fulfil your requests and communicate with you, conduct research, and personalise the content and advertisements provided to you when you visit the AOL Network.
AOL (or data processors acting on our behalf) do not share, sell or rent your personal information to third parties. Your information is only shared with third parties with your permission, except in response to legal process.
Our ability to provide the AOL Web Services depends on advertising provided by our advertising services offered by AOL affiliates, like AOL Advertising and Tacoda (the "AOL Advertising Network"). Some of the adverts on the AOL Web Services are displayed based on the page visited, but many of the adverts provided by the AOL Advertising Network are targeted to you based on your interests and other information we have about you. We want you to understand how internet advertising works and offer resources and choices. Learn more.
Our newsletters contain tracking gifs. If you have subscribed to any AOL or Huffington Post UK newsletters you will have consented to this.
- You can opt-out of the use of your data for interest-based advertising delivered by the AOL Advertising Network. You will still receive advertising that is not interest-based.
- We give you choices about how we use your personal information. If you have registered with AOL you can set your Marketing Preferences to control how we communicate offers to you.
- You can view your interest-based segments.
- You can manage cookies using browser controls.
- Individual products or services may offer additional controls or preferences.
How to Opt-Out
You can opt-out of targeted advertising delivered by the AOL Advertising Network. You will still receive advertising that is not interest-based.
How to Contact Us
If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact us at:Data Protection Officer
AOL (UK) Limited
11-20 Capper Street
or via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org